Once again, I’ve been away for too long. But that’s what I’m great at! Losing contact with people, ignoring friends, never hearing from loved ones. And I completely take full responsability for this. Sometimes I just can’t help but shut the world out. All I want 75% of the time is my husband, my dogs, and that pesky ttc problem that will eventually turn into a small human. The other 25%? Well every once in a while I get a hankering for human contact, and I probably pick the wrong people to fill that need, but it is what it is. But anyways, I really need to end this rant, because that’s not what this blog is about, nor what this post was meant to be about.
So, as I’ve stated in previous entries, we were going to start ttc in September. That went out the window when other people around us were getting pregnant and having babies. Unfortunately, I stopped having any kind of period in February, so we really wasted our time, until I suddenly had my first period in 8 months! I was so happy I almost cried. And I’ve had another period sense. Again, this isn’t what this post is about, but it’s building up to it, I promise!
We started making appointments in August. I was poked and proded with my first pap smear, and lots of blood tests, fallowed by an internal and external ultrasound. All of this was mainly to check if I had PCOS (polysystic ovarian syndrome). Thankfully I don’t. I had one syst on my ovary, which is pretty normal.
Then I was referred to women’s health. With the military hospital, you see a regular doctor until you’re referred to a certain clinic. We were so excited to be referred, we felt like it was a huge step in the right direction. I’ve seen my ob once, and she had me get an hsg test. I was very nervous and scared, but it was a breeze. The nurses kept me calm and distracted, and it was a little uncomfortable, but I had the best experience and would do it a hundred times over. And everything from the test came back great. My uterus has no obstructions and my fallopian tubes are completely open!
So here we are today. I have a fallow up appointment on the fourth, and we’ll see what happens from there. I’m excited to know that we’re that much closer to getting our little bundle of joy. Wish us luck!
Until next time,